Tuesday 19 April 2016

O is for Orgainzation

I guess it's time to confess. Organization for me is a mess. I know I can keep things straight, it works pretty fine at work (at least we manage to kind of remember in which of the three locations we have the things we need. And usually get them where they need to be).

Home is another matter, obviously. I've never been the orderly one. Through childhood my room was a mess. Clothes, things, books - everywhere. I very seldom had any problem to find what I looked for, but it sure didn't look like it.

What I remember most is the cleanup frenzy whenever someone was coming to visit. As if I didn't want to show the real me. Even then, I knew I was supposed to be organized.

I wish I could say it's become better. My husband is an orderly person. Want to put things back at once, while I still would stockpile things (like books) on the living room table. It's a wonder he puts up with me.

My laptop is… only marginally better, and that's out of necessity. I have to have some order on my writing folders (thank yoi Scrivener) or I'd never get anywhere.

I think the most strange thing is that I do want to keep order and be organized. It shouldn't be that hard. I just don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment