Tuesday 29 March 2016

A to Z

So I've heard about this challenge a few years now, but never been inclined to participate. After all, I before now I haven't been able to write consistently (as in more or less every day) - and never mnaged to come up with things to blog about either.

Then I happened upon a Facebook group called "10 minute Novelists" - more on that in another post another time - and realized it was ok to only write a few words a day, a few minutes a day. It changed my way of thinking.

Along came 2015 and that group started a "365k" challenge - to write 365.000 words in a year, or 1000 words a day. I signed up with no belief that I would make it. And I didn't. But I built a habit of writing almost every day during a whole year. This year I'm in it again, but with a lower wordcount goal, and so far well on the way of reaching it.

So ... when this A2Z blogging challenge popped up this year, I was tempted. I want to keep a blog, I just need to get into habit, get something to write about. I signed up. It's the reason I decided to start this blog (hadn't updated the old one in two years so it felt better with a new one). I may not make it, and that will be okay. But if I do... I just might have worked up a habit that will make me continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment